Built in 1957, this small fleet of open wagons were design specifically for the movement of consignments to and from the continent by the channel train ferry. Allocated to the Southern Region, they featured an adjustable bar that supported a tarpaulin. On our model the bar is included, and can be removed as required, as was done on the real wagons when they were eventually used for internal traffic. Our model faithfully replicates the bauxite livery and all the various markings as per the prototype, including the corner flashes in black and white. All Peco wagons feature free running wheels in pin point axles. The ELC coupling, whilst compatible with the standard N gauge couplings, keeps a realistic distance between the vehicles and enables the PL-25 electro magnetic decoupler to be used for remote uncoupling.